World Map: Subdivisions
All first-level subdivisions (provinces, states, counties, etc.) for every country in the world.
- Check the relevant blog post for this map, that also contains some shortcuts and tips.
- Other World maps: the simple World map and the World with microstates map.
- For more details like projections, cities, rivers, lakes, timezones, check out the Advanced World map.
- For historical maps, please visit Historical Mapchart, where you can find Cold War, World War I, World War II and more maps.
- Check out the continent-specific subdivisions maps, like the Europe or Asia Detailed map pages.
- If you are into making alternate history maps, you may find the Hearts of Iron IV or "War Games" maps useful.
- For quick coloring, find a map configuration file that you can use to randomly color by country the whole map.
Save the keyboard shortcuts you want to remember
Try Shortcut Keeper— a simple app to get more productive with your Mac.Get Shortcut Keeper
Your choices will be saved for your next visits to this map page.
Select the color you want and click on a subdivision on the map. Right-click to remove its color, hide, and more.
Color all subdivisions of a country
Select a country and click COLOR COUNTRY to color all its subdivisions with the selected color. Keyboard shortcut: Alt + Shift + click on a subdivision.
Color multiple countries
Select the countries or regions you want to color and click COLORto paint them with the selected color.
Make a map of a single country
Select the country that you want to isolate and click ISOLATE COUNTRY. Use SHOW ALL to return to the full map view again.
Isolate multiple countries
Select the countries or regions you want to isolate and click ISOLATE. All other countries will be hidden. Use the zoom tool to adjust the map on the remaining countries.
Search for a subdivision and color it
Search for the subdivision you want and click COLOR to paint it with the currently selected color. Use REMOVE to remove the color of the selected subdivision.
Add a title for the map's legend and choose a label for each color group. Change the color for all subdivisions in a group by clicking on it.
Drag the legend on the map to set its position or resize it. Use legend options to change its color, font, and more.