World Map: Advanced
The Advanced World map adds political and geographical features to the basic World map.
- Check the relevant blog post, containing some shortcuts and tips.
- Check a quick guide to the available map projections.
- Other World maps: the simple World map, the World with microstates map (includes all microstates), and the World Subdivisions map (all countries divided into their subdivisions).
- For historical maps, please visit Historical Mapchart, where you can find Cold War, World War I, World War II and more maps.
- Tip: the page loads a large map file due to its level of detail. Zoom in/out of the map with all additional features (cities, rivers, etc.) turned off to ensure maximum responsiveness.
Save the keyboard shortcuts you want to remember
Try Shortcut Keeper— a simple app to get more productive with your Mac.Get Shortcut Keeper
Your choices will be saved for your next visits to this map page.
Select the color you want and click on a country on the map. Right-click to remove its color, hide, and more.
Select a region or organization and click COLOR REGION. Note that if a country belongs to two or more regions, it will have the color of the last selected region.
Add a title for the map's legend and choose a label for each color group. Change the color for all countries in a group by clicking on it.
Drag the legend on the map to set its position or resize it. Use legend options to change its color, font, and more.