Save the keyboard shortcuts you want to remember
Try Shortcut Keeper— a simple app to get more productive with your Mac.Get Shortcut Keeper
United States Electoral College Cartogram
Map and votes distribution updated for the next elections after the 2020 census changes.
Select the color you want and click on a state on the map. Right-click on it to remove its color, hide it, and more.
Add a title for the map's legend and choose a label for each color group. Change the color for all states in a group by clicking on it.
Drag the legend on the map to set its position or resize it. Use legend options to change its color, font, and more.
Your choices will be saved for your next visits to this map page.
- This map depicts the United States by each state's total electoral votes.
- The Electoral College consists of 538 electors, and an absolute majority of at least 270 electoral votes is required to win the election.
- You can see how many votes each color group has inside the corresponding color box. The totals are updated each time you color or uncolor a state.
- In all but two states, electoral votes are 'winner-take-all', meaning the candidate winning the popular vote normally receives all of that state's votes. Maine and Nebraska have adapted the 'congressional district method', and their votes can be colored distinctly on the map.
- More details can be found in this blog post.